Custom and Legacy Color Sensors
Delta is committed to providing support for its legacy products. Our policy is to not obsolete any product as long as there is demand.
Delta also offers customized color sensing/sorting solutions for certain applications.
SM3000 Sorting Module
The SM3000 is a single channel sorting module built-to-order for custom applications, such as checking products for length and color for quality verification purposes. It is often used with the Delta CS406A specialized color sensor. The CS406A and SM3000 are design-in products for OEMs or large end-users who work with us to apply them to the application. Please contact us for more information on these products or to discuss a particular application.
The SM-3000 Sorting Module determines the color and length of objects at resolutions as small as 1/32 of an inch at product speeds up to 500 feet per minute.
The SM-3000 has two operating modes: Batch and Continuous. Batch mode is typically used for quality control testing of consistent size groups of objects. In Batch mode, objects are classified and totaled based on preprogrammed categories. Objects are usually not diverted in Batch mode.
In Continuous mode, reports consist of histograms of length and/or color based on configurable time periods. In Continuous mode, the SM-3000's eight high-speed discrete outputs can be used to activate diverters which separate product according to color or length.
- Measures length of objects moving as fast as 500ft/min with a 1/32 inch resolution
- Measures color of objects in up to three different areas of the light spectrum
- Automatically adjusts to changing ambient light
- 50,000-hour life LED lighting system
- One-sided viewing permits easy top-only mounting arrangement
- High-speed discrete outputs can be used to activate diverters to separate product
- Remote computer interface ties the SM-3000 to a plant's process control system
The SM-3000 analyzes light from high intensity LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes). Up to three colors can be used from a selection which includes blue, green, yellow, red, and 880nm and 940nm NIR (near-infrared) wavelengths.
Objects can be viewed either on a belt or in mid-air as they traject off the end of a belt. Using adaptive techniques, the SM-3000 analyzes the difference between background and object light levels. An adjustable threshold on the NIR amplitude is typically used to detect presence of objects. Additional thresholds are used on the ratios of other colors to sort by color. Ordering Information
Pricing for a single unit starts at under $10,000. Please contact Delta for details.
License agreements provide Delta with the exclusive rights to use the SM-3000's sensing technology in all applications outside of frozen potato processing. Should you have any questions, please contact a Delta representative.
CS406A Custom Color Sensor
The CS406A is a specialized color sensor primarily used as the sensor element in Delta's SM3000 single channel sorting modules. The SM3000 is built-to-order for custom applications, such as checking product length and color for quality verification purposes. The CS406A and SM3000 are design-in products for OEMs or large end-users who work with us to apply them to the application. Please contact us for more information on these products or to discuss a particular application.
The CS406A is a high-speed color sensor used to detect product or part variations or defects out of a desired color range to improve production line quality. This versatile family of production line automation tools can sense virtually any product requiring detection of color differences, ranging from blue to near-infrared.
- Multiple colors. Up to four colors can be used in one sensor. Any spectrum that is available in high-intensity LEDs and within the silicon photodiode range can be used, from blue to near-infrared.
- Fast response rate. We support sub-millisecond response rates to provide fast comparisons and sorting for applications such as product grading by size and defect detection by color.
- Highly configurable. Delta color sensors can be linked with optimizing computers to provide additional processing via the sensor's analog outputs. Or combine them with an encoder to report product and defect length.
- Wide sensing range. Delta color sensors support standoff distances to six inches, vertical and horizontal ranges to two inches.
The CS406A Color Sensor analyzes reflected light captured by a silicon cell. It determines color by turning on only the desired color at a given time using its patented, solid-state lighting system. The CS406A then outputs up to four analog voltages corresponding to the diffuse reflected light in up to four different color ranges.
Use the CS406A Color Sensor to:
Sort objects and compare:
- peeled vs. unpeeled
- organic vs. non-organic
- ripe vs. green
- over-ripe/rotten vs. normal
Detect product defects such as:
- over- or under-cooked product
If you have any questions regarding our custom color sensors, please contact us.
Look to Delta for innovative technology, great products, responsive service, and lasting value.